Friday, May 2, 2008

Radio show, Thursday May 1st, 2008

I forgot to do this last night, so basically this list of what I played is going off of memory. I was in a rush to leave as I had a very packed evening. Which involved going for dinner, catching Nail Salon at Brickyard Pizza before rushing over to Sugar to wish Lauren a happy birthday as well as catch Cobras Cobras Cobras set. Overall a well timed night. Today I have a few things I have to get done, the poster for my May 16th show is now finished. Hopefully if you live in Victoria you will see them up around town. I haven't mentioned this show in my blog yet so here is the first time! Basically the return of Grave Maker from their Central America tour, also now recently signed to Ryan of Outbreak's label Think Fast! Records !!!! This band has been working really hard and basically went on a West coast tour and Central America on only a 3 song Demo.

Check them out here. GRAVE MAKER

Also returning with them is Seattle's Ill Intent, who played my November 26th,2007 show, who are also now signed to Timm of Trial/Wait in Vain's Seattle record label Panic. Also coming to the island are Vancouver's A Crow's Glory with locals Mayday Mayday (ex Final Verdict), and THESET/Counting Heartbeats sideproject MT CRUSHMORE (kind of everytime i die sound.. or southern rock ish like Cancer Bats... )


Thursdays SHOW

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours - Feel the Love
Why? - Apolecia - The Fall of Mr. Fifths
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles - Vanished

Run Chico Run - Aaargh! Year 3 - the boy who drank the president's blood
Man Man - Rabbit Habits - Hurly/Burly
Hierophant - Hierophant - Verathane Up your Fists

Cougar Den - Cougar Den - Speak Softly and Carry a Big S
Iron Lung - Sexless//No Sex - C ANCER
Life Long Tragedy - Runaways - Runaways

These Are Powers - Taro Tarot - Chipping Ice
Set Foot - Aging - Worthy
Set Foot - Aging - Aging
Set Foot - Aging - Grieve

Paint It Black - New Lexicon - Dead Precedents
Vanguard - The Calm - Make Me Sick
Blacklisted - Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God - Memory Layne

Cursed - III - Magic Fingers



A few more things worth mentioning here , they almost deserve their own posts. Well that is talking about
A) New Cursed
B) Newish Paint It Black
C) Newish Life Long Tragedy (SOOOO GOOD, moving away from the typical hardcore of the last album into a more mature sound)
D) SET FOOT

AND FINALLY

I may be getting Cougar Den here in July on their tour with MANS
Check out their tracks.

COUGAR DEN

1 comment:

nevin said...

There were no songs in between there Troy. I remember because I am such an avid listener. Woah, I might come attend my first hardcore show...